Coronavirus Update- October 2020
While we still continue to offer our very much appreciated complimentary pick-up and delivery, as well as curbside pickup of your vehicle, and a touch-free experience for your vehicle’s servicing needs, we recognize that you may need to wait for your vehicle while we service it, or at least come in while we process your payment.
With the cold season just around the corner in the midst of the pandemic, we have taken the necessary safety and health measures and staff training to ensure we could safely re-open our reception and waiting area.
With the guidance of the CDC and the State of Maryland, we are adopting the following measures to ensure the safest possible indoors environment for you and our staff.
As you have known us to be very pro-active since the very beginning of this pandemic by applying strict health safety standards, you can count on us to keep doing the same during this upcoming winter season.
YOUR INTERACTION IN OUR LOBBY - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR NEXT VISIT TO WINKLER AUTOMOTIVE
- Our waiting area is now secluded using see-through vinyl screens. These screens will help mitigate the airborne propulsion of eventual viral droplets due to uncontrolled sneezes or coughs. While inside, customers are strictly limited to that area.
- We have spaced our waiting room chairs with the minimum of 6 ft social distancing between. As a result, we can accept a maximum of 3 seated customers at a time.
- The wearing of masks is mandatory in our waiting area while we service your vehicle. If you do not have one, we will gladly provide you with one.
- We use a touch-less thermometer to ensure your body temperature is between 97 and 99 degrees F.
- For your convenience, we have established a counter in your proximity, at which you will find our Credit Card processing machine, pens to sign, and where we will exchange keys. You will also see a sneeze guard to provide protection between us and you when we need to talk.
- We provide hand sanitizer through a touch-free automatic dispenser.
- We use an efficient hand-held UV light to treat your keys, pens and any other surface our staff and you may come in contact with.
- We sanitize the waiting area often during the day, especially after the goings of each customer.
- We have equipped our AC Furnace with MERV-13 filters. In conjunction with the wearing of the mask, this will help us minimize if not eliminate the chances of breathing airborne droplets that may contain corona virus, as per the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- And once at night every night of the week, whilst no one is in the building, we give the room a shock treatment of pure ozone at a concentration of 10,000 ppm, the concentration known to be needed to effectively eliminate viruses.
Our utmost concern is in ensuring your safety, as well as the safety of all our employees.
YOUR INTERACTION AT THE FRONT COUNTER
Starting with our door handles our front counter, and our sitting area, we sanitize them every hour using sanitizing wipes.
As you arrive at our counter, you will be greeted by our friendly smiling staff as usual, minus the usual handshake. But we’re ok with the now universally accepted “elbow” shake!
When you hand our staff your vehicle’s keys, they might wipe your keys using an alcohol wipe. We hope you will not take offense to that.
You will also find at your disposal on the counter our friendly Mr. Purell. Feel free to give him a squeeze!
And if you prefer, we invite you to peruse our restrooms where you can thoroughly wash your hands.
PROTECTING YOU AND OUR STAFF WHILE WORKING ON YOUR VEHICLE
All parties that work on your car follow a strict safety and sanitizing procedure while they work on your car, from the time you drop off to the time you pick-up.
This includes, among other steps:
- Wearing gloves whilst working on your car
- At the end of the service, wiping down your steering wheel, all door handles (in and out), gear shift knob, rear view mirror
- At time of pickup, wiping down your keys in your presence when you pick up your vehicle
- Our staff is trained in applying this safety and sanitizing protocol on every vehicle we work on, with multiple daily reminders, starting with our pre-open morning meetings.
COMPLIMENTARY PICK-UP AND DELIVERY
In the event you prefer to avoid coming yourself to drop-off and pickup your vehicle, and your vehicle needs servicing, please know that we do offer a complimentary pickup and delivery service.
2 options are available to you: one involving exchanging a loaner car for your, another simply picking up your car. Please call us so we can make the best option determination based on your servicing needs.
Whichever option we recommend, know that our drivers are trained on ensuring a clean and sanitized transaction.
WE VALUE YOUR TRUST
While we are automotive experts, we both know the same can not be said about our medical expertise. That is why we sought the advice of medical experts in putting together our response to the Coronavirus (COVAD 19) to ensure a maximum of safety and sanitization while working on your vehicle, and give you the confidence you need to trust us to provide you with the continued high quality service you’ve come to expect from us.
Our utmost concern is in ensuring your safety, as well as the safety of all our employees. Whichever method you elect to use so that we may service your vehicle, you can rest assured that we are ready for you.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions you may have, as we are here for you.
We thank you for the trust you place in us by allowing us to service your vehicle, and remain at your service.